Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Claire's Arm

Last year, about this same time, Claire dislocated her elbow. Of course we didn't know that until 3 hours later in the emergency room thinking it was broken. Ever since then it has been a problem. On Sunday, just as we were getting ready to leave our ward building, I picked her up and she started screaming at me. At first I thought she was mad because I picked her up, but then she started to cradle her arm. I have no idea how she did it, but she popped her elbow out again. We got her home and it took us 3 tries to get it back in place. It's amazing how quickly she stopped crying. Then on Monday she was climbing down the bunk bed ladder and the simple motion of climbing was enough to pop it out again! By this time I'm thinking enough is enough!! Garth was at work so I had to pin her down myself to get it back in place. She knew what I was about to do. She says, "Mom, I'm okay my arm feels better, it's better" but I knew different. She was still holding her arm and refused to let me touch it. So I got it back in place again, but this time I stuck her arm in a sling the doctors gave us for the first time. This is her 4th dislocation on the same arm in less than a year. Uhgggg!! So now she is a temporary lefty and hopefully she will be better in a few days.

2 comments:

Sharlee said...

Ooh. That doesn't sound good. Poor girl.

Nettie said...

Man that stinks. You'd think they'd figure out a way to help her stop popping it out. That's gotta hurt. Poor thing.