Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, March 16, 2009

Timeout

We were at Garth's parent's home on Saturday to see Papa in his ward talent show. We had a while before the show started so we were visiting to pass the time. Claire, thinking that no one was watching, decided to run out the front door and into the street. I took her back inside and gave her a firm talking to and then put her in time out to think about what she did wrong. Of course she was crying and whining about being put in time out. Papa asks her, "What's the matter sweety?" With her most miserable frowny face Claire says, "I'm in timeout....(sniff, sniff).... in the corner....(sniff, sniff).... to think about it."
I'm not sure if she completely understood what she was supposed to be thinking about, but at least she knew that she needed to think about something. Anyhow, after her time out was over I explained again why she was in timeout and told her I loved her. She looks up at me and says, "Mom, I'm happy again!" Then she jumped off my lap and ran on her merry little way up the stairs to play with her cousins until it was time to go. I love being a mom!

0 comments: