Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Saturday, November 29, 2008

"I never..."

I never thought that I would be able to tell stories about Black Friday shopping. Mainly because I vowed that I would never go shopping on that horrible day. I never imagined I would be up at 5:00 a.m. to go stand in a line outside Joann's in the cold. I never thought I would be in a rush to grab at bolts of flannel and fleece just because other people were. Most of all, I never dreamed that my plan to grab a number first would end up with me being number 90 in line and walking around the store for 3 hours waiting my turn to have 4 pieces of fabric cut. While the people before me had their own cart (and sometimes two) with bolts of fabric stacked so tall that you could barely see their foreheads.
I think that if the words "I never..." had calories, I would have consumed a lot of them yesterday in eating my own words. The last time I went shopping the day after Thanksgiving was about 6 years ago and I think it's safe to say that it might be just as long, and hopefully longer, before I ever do it again.

2 comments:

Nettie said...

I never have been to an early morning black Friday sale. But I have gone later in the afternoon, and it's a LOT more peaceful. We never want the big normally expensive stuff anyway. Funny story. :)

Tiffany said...

Way to go Jennie! I have never gone and never will. I hate crowds as it is, I think I would end up hurting someone if placed in that situation.