Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Our Funny Sunday

Garth was asked to speak in Sacrament meeting today so that meant that I would have to coral the kids on the bench all by myself. Which I might add usually ends up with all of us out in the foyer and most of us crying (including me). Okay, so it's not that dramatic, but sometimes it feels that way. ;)
Anyhow, he spoke after the musical number and when he got up to start his talk he noticed that Jason was asleep in my arms and both girls leaning on my sides. So he starts out by saying that he doesn't like when he has to sit on the bench alone with the kids because they are usually pretty rowdy. He said that I must have things under control because the kids were doing so well.
Rewind to the musical number. Claire needed to go to the bathroom so I sent her by herself. She normally comes right back so what would make this time any different? She started to take a little longer than she should have so I sent Liz to find her because I didn't want to get up and risk waking Jason from his nap. She comes back with Claire and Claire was all red and splotchy and was crying! So Claire sits down next to me and buries her head in my side and Liz tells me that she heard Claire screaming from the foyer and found her in the bathroom. Evidently, Claire had used the bathroom and flushed the toilet. She wanted to see how the toilet worked so she opened up the back of the toilet, but it was too heavy and it crashed down on her fingers and then onto the floor. Thankfully another lady was in the bathroom at the time and was able to help when I couldn't.
So I have Claire bawling in my side and I'm trying to calm her down when I look over and notice that Elizabeth is sitting on the floor looking very upset. I whisper for her to come up and sit next to me and she does. I ask her what is wrong and she says that dad is giving her mad stares from the pulpit. She starts to cry and buries her head in my other side. So the choir ends their musical number and Garth gets up to start his talk and all he sees are the kids leaning on my sides and Jason asleep in my arms. Little did he know...
After sacrament meeting Garth comes down from the pulpit and sees Elizabeth still crying and asks what is wrong. She tells him that he was giving her dirty looks and she felt bad. Garth and Liz had a moment before we left for church and I'm sure that Liz was feeling bad because of what had happened. And what she thought was Garth giving her dirty looks was actually Garth looking nervous before his talk. He explained that he was just concentrating and wasn't giving her dirty looks. She felt better and left for primary. When Garth asked me how he did I told him he started his talk with a lie.
Fast forward to Jr. primary. I was the substitute pianist for primary and the kids were singing "Do as I'm Doing." Claire's name is picked from the can and when asked what she wants everyone to do she simply replies ballet. I only wish I could have seen what Claire was doing in front of the piano, but I'm sure it was just as good as watching all the teachers twirl and try their best to imitate Claire's version of ballet.
Fast forward to Sr. primary. The kids are singing "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes." As a pianist this one gets a little crazy. They were getting to the point where it was pretty fast and a kid says, "One more time and super fast!!" So one of the counselors in the Primary presidency asks if I can do it. I say I'm not sure, but I'll try. When the song finished Liz yells across the primary room, "Way to go Mom!!"
I love that even though the Sabbath day doesn't end up being as reverent as I would like. I can at least say I laughed my way through it.

1 comments:

Sharlee said...

That. was. awesome. A sunday in the life of the Woodruffs.