Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

April fools day

Yesterday I was up early enough to make breakfast for my family. While we were eating Garth introduced April Fools Day to Elizabeth. He explained about how it's a day to play tricks on people or "fool" people. So the whole duration of breakfast Elizabeth is practicing on Garth so when she went to school she would be able to fool her friends.
As we were walking home from school Elizabeth went into great detail about who and how she fooled people at school. She was really excited about her tricks until she explained that not all her friends knew it was April Fool's Day and they didn't really like her playing tricks on them. Some of her classmates got really mad at her. One of them took Lizzy's new eraser away and told her that she wouldn't give it back until she stopped playing tricks on her.
I think next year we will need to set some rules so she doesn't make so many people mad.

2 comments:

Nettie said...

That's funny. Logan would totally do the same thing....we decided not to tell him about April Fools day. :) The girls Christmas dresses turned out really nice, good job!

Sharlee said...

I didn't say a word about April Fool's Day at my house because I hate when people play tricks on me and my boys are getting old enough that it's not "cute" anymore. No one even tried to psych me out this year--maybe they've come to the realization that their Mom's a party pooper and would beat them with a broom if they even tried. Way to go on the Christmas dresses. I wish sewing was one of my hobbies, but it probably never will be. I have memories of my Mom being so mad sitting there at the sewing machine trying to make it work and trying to fix things that didn't turn out right, that it really left a bad taste in my mouth. It is something that just sounds frustrating to me, so I really admire someone who enjoys it and makes it look so easy!