This week has been so crazy!! Some of my close friends in our ward have started a book club. We each take a turn picking a book for the month and then host a meeting. It was my turn this month and I had the meeting on Wednesday. I was so stressed out! My house was no where near what it should be. So my mother-in-law came over four times to help me "spring clean" before the party. If it weren't for her incredible abilities to sort through all our garbage and find a place for it all, I would have had a complete melt-down. Garth's mom has a special talent when it comes to decorating so I took her to Wal-Mart and she helped me pick out some greenery to liven up the place. She also helped me with my menu plans!! The party was so much fun and it was so nice to have my friends come in and enjoy my house.
31 Easy, Funny DIY Halloween Costumes
5 years ago





2 comments:
WOW, what a dishwasher mess! Well, at least it got Garth to mop the floor. :) You should add a cup of dawn every time! Just kidding. That's cute about Claire calling Memphis "Menace"....does the title fit? :) Hosting parties can be fun, but also very nerve wracking. Although no one expects it, you feel like you have to have a spotless home anyway. I have to host a baby shower in two weeks. I hope it all turns out ok. Glad you updated your blog, I've been checking every now and then. Keep it up!
Hey Jennie! Glad to see some updates on your blog! You always see the overflowing suds on the movies but I've always wondered if that can really happen...I guess it can...lucky you for getting to find out first hand.
That's a cute pictures of Claire and Memphis. They look like cousins don't they?
I feel your pain (about playing 'hostess"). I have R.S. presidency meetings at my house a couple times each month. I am just the little 'ol secretary but because I'm the only one with a kid at home during the day I guess it falls on me. Mind you, all of the other women have beautiful, perfect new homes. I always pray they won't notice the mold growing around my old ugly windows, or how my "yard sale-find" chairs feel and sound like they're going to crumble into a heap underneath you at any moment. There are a thousand things I worry about but I just clean up the best I can and then try to smile and pretend I don't care. That's about all I can do.
Post a Comment