Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Monday, January 25, 2010

Venting

I just need to vent my frustrations with my body. When I found out I was pregnant with Jason I knew that if I didn't change my habits I would be really unhealthy towards the last trimester. So I started eating right and exercising and ended up loosing 30 lbs during the pregnancy. The third trimester came and no health problems!! After going through delivery and the problems I had the following weeks, I just started to feel good about 3 weeks ago. I started to exercise again and focus on my diet and was doing really well. Up to this point I've lost 40 lbs.
So today, I had my 6 week check up and the nurse was taking my blood pressure. She starts and instantly gave me this strange look, took it again, and then tells me its really high. So after talking with my doctor he gave me a prescription for a diuretic. I guess this is supposed to reduce the blood pressure by taking the excess fluid out of the blood stream. Along with the medication I will also have to watch my sodium intake and make sure I'm really sticking to the diet. I will have to go back in 4 weeks to see if it has helped at all. If it has not helped than I have to see a heart specialist to make sure I'm not going to have an early heart attack or stroke.
I guess I'm just really frustrated that I'm not as heart-healthy as I should be for loosing all that weight. What's really frustrating is that my blood pressure is even higher than it was before I lost all the weight. Ugh!!! If I wasn't more disciplined I would be taking my frustrations out on a chocolate extreme blizzard instead of my blog. ;)
Anyhow, I guess I can only control what I'm doing to keep it from getting any higher and if it doesn't work than at least I can say I did my best.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Too bad we don't live in the same town - I'm needing to hit the excersin' myself! What a big motivator? I'm lacking it big time!

Sharlee said...

Keep at it, Jennie. Don't give in to despair--not YET anyway (that's what I keep telling myself with my health problems of late.) It is really frustrating not to have change and results when we think we ought to but I try to just keep doing what I feel that I should be doing to try to solve the problem and feel like the Lord must have a reason for not healing me instantly and letting me suffer and struggle through life for a while. Be of good cheer--He knows your needs.

Wendy said...

Good luck. I started an exercise kick a couple weeks ago trying to loose excess baby weight. It's so hard to stick with it.

Nettie said...

Keep working at it, and don't give up. Your blood pressure is probably out of whack because of the big changes your body has made this past year. Losing lots of weight and being pregnant usually don't go hand-in-hand, even though it was necessary. Your body will adjust, it just might take some time. Hang in there and keep with it. The more weight you take off, the better it will get (even though that hasn't been the case yet).