Elizabeth was baptized on Saturday June 5, 2010. Elizabeth sang a solo for the program and did really well. She sang "When I am baptized." I was a a little stressed because I had barely finished Lizzy's dress that morning. I was also a little nervous about how things would go during the program because I had to play the piano, but in the end it was a great program. Liz was baptized with four other children from the stake. There were two from our ward. It was really special that Liz could be baptized on the same day as her good friend Kaulin. I'm a little bummed that I didn't get any pictures of Liz and Garth in their jumpers. We were late and I had to hurry to start the prelude.
I was so glad the weather cooperated so we could have dinner under the pavilion outside of the stake center. Garth's parents were so generous by providing the dinner for all our family and friends that attended. It was a great day and I am so proud of Elizabeth and her decision to be baptized. We are grateful for all our family members who came to support her and for those who couldn't make it and kept her in your thoughts.
She was confirmed the next day in Sacrament Meeting. I didn't get any pictures of that either. Maybe I will get the whole picture thing down by the next important event.

Elizabeth in her baptism dress. She didn't get baptized in this, but I wanted her to have a white dress anyway.










4 comments:
Great job on the dress! Liz looks so pretty. I can't believe she is old enough to be baptized. Looks like you had a fun party.
Cute dress Jennie!! Good job. Lizzie looks cute. I love your famiy picture. I might have to steal it from your blog and print it at Walgreens so that I can put you up on our fridge. You're the only family we don't have a picture from!
So cute...boy it is fun to see your family! Look forward to seeing you at the family reunion in two weeks!
sarah
That dress is so cute. I'm glad you added the purple in it too! Sorry we didn't make it to the baptisms, but I'm sure they went just fine. Jennie you look really good, hope all is going well!
Post a Comment